Monday, February 26, 2007

TOOLS FOR BLOGGERS 2/26/07

I noticed as I was surfing around tonight that quite a few blogs have those nifty little banners on their panels with names like "Blog Explosion." So I surfed on over. This is some of what I found. Over at Blog Explosion, there are free tools for bloggers, including pinging the blog indexes such as Technorati. In return for surfing, bloggers get points to spend in order to send traffic to their blogs. I'm going to give it my best whirl. I will let you know the results. I was not paid to do this review.

On the right-hand side of this blog, you will notice my growing list of writers who maintain websites or blogs on the web. A few of them I have had personal contact with and a few of them are folks whose writing I like and admire.

There is also a list of free tools for the blogger [or anyone else who would like to use them]. One of my personal favorites is the JournalistExpress site. Over at radical sapphoq, I do primarily commentary on current news articles. The JournalistExpress site keeps the articles all on one page. If you haven't been there yet, I encourage you to go there. Joining is free and painless. You can personalize your page according to your beat. In the months that I have been a member there, I have not received one spam mail in the e-box I used to sign up.

Check them out and drop me a line if there is something you need that you can't find on your own. I found many of the sites listed via StumbleUpon, a social bookmarking site which I highly recommend. I also use del.icio.us and I like it just fine-- in spite of the fact that it is now owned by Yahoo. The thing that sets StumbleUpon apart from del.icio.us is the button I've got on my Firefox browser that allows me to surf to random sites according to my interests. That is truly a wonderful button.

And here I will also insert my shameless plug for Squidoo. I have several lenses on Squidoo. In fact I added another one last night. Squidoo splits its' profits with us starving lensmasters/bloggers. Money may not be able to buy love but it sure helps. It's those nasty little habits I've got like eating and wearing clothing that keeps me plugging along, hoping you will be interested enough to click on my ads or click on my Squidoos or keep coming back to read all of my blogs.


sapphoq reviews sapphoq

No comments: