Sunday, June 01, 2014

The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets by Diana Wagman



The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets, Diana Wagman. Opa-Locka FLA: iG Publishing, 2012. 240 pps.

     I like herps. In fact, I love herps. I have frogs right now. Sometime in my future, I hope to breed snakes. I may have to wait until housemate passes over for that one. Housemate is terrified of snakes. Housemate is not overly fond of frogs either come to think of it. Housemate does not want me to raise hissing cockroaches from Madagascar in the attic either. Le sigh.

     It was only natural that I examine The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets. I read it in one sitting. Book is actually fiction and about a kidnapping. The woman who is kidnapped is a divorcee with a teen daughter, an ex-husband who is in television and has a younger wife now, and a famous mother as well. But the woman herself is ordinary.

     Much to her dismay, the kidnapper has a large reptile living in his kitchen. The chameleon is a male and his name is Cookie. Cookie is large, very large.

sapphoq reviews says: I loved The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets totally and absolutely. All characters were believable. Dialogue was interesting and to the point. The plot moved well. Creepy things happened which indeed gave me the creeps. For those who like fiction crime novels with the feel of Los Angeles, highly recommended.

No comments: