Thursday, August 29, 2013

Guerrilla Gardening by David Tracey



Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto, David Tracey.  Gabriola Island BC Canada: New Society Publishers, 2007.  e-book, 226 pps.


Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto is not a new item for me.  I love it and since I've recently re-read it, I thought I would share its goodness with you.  I like gardening.  I like direct action stuff.  I like making a difference.  Guerrilla gardening is a movement to green up the urban sprawl by organizing a community garden, throwing seed bombs into vacant lots, planting a dwarf fruit tree in the park at midnight, and other happy stuff.  The book includes some charming black and white photos from around Vancouver but the information can be and has been applied elsewhere.  

sapphoq reviews says:  If you live within the urban sprawl and long for some community green, Guerrilla Gardening is the book for you.  After all it takes one person to start a revolution; one and a friend to gain momentum.  So yeah, get this book.  And then do it!

No comments: