Monday, June 25, 2012

The Book of Burger, Rachael Ray


The Book of Burger, Rachael Ray.  New York: Atria (Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2011.  lg. paperback.  321 pps. incl. index.


I don't remember either parent making hamburgers when I was a kid.  I did inherit my dad's love of a good steak sauce and my mother's love of fried onions.  I do remember discovering  (TM)White Castle, (TM) McDonald's, (TM) Burger King, and (TM) The Ground Round as a teen.  And hanging out at (TM) The Stuffed Shirt (yummy blue cheese burgers b.t.w.) as I got older.  I didn't know that there was a need for a cookbook dedicated to burgers and related items until my most recent sojourn to the bookstore.


I found, shelved with the other recent arrivals, The Book of Burger.  I've been familiar with Rachael Ray's (TM) Thirty Minute Meals on television courtesy of a loved one who teasingly and routinely refers to her as "the perky-breasts woman."  It was only natural that I snatch up her latest cookbook for a review.


The Book of Burger does not disappoint.  The photography by Romulo Yares and his team made my stomach rumble.  The picts are glossy and delicious.  The recipes are easy to follow.  I am planning on Hot Sausage Burgers with Broccoli Rabe (p. 73), Jerk Burgers (p. 99), and Tango Joes (p. 222) for starters.


sapphoq reviews says:  Here's the beef, and the pork, and the chicken...along with fish and meatless dishes.  I award this book five skillets.

No comments: