Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BEACH PATROL 1/23/07

It's cold outside. The teevee weather folks promise us a blast of arctic air along toward the end of this week. We haven't had all that much snow. Still, it is the absence of sufficient sunlight that gets some of us down in this winter paradise that we call igloo-- I mean home. That's right. Home.

I am a huge fan of Court T.V. Husband and I are long-time "Cops" fans. We frequently break out in a rousing chorus of "Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do? What'cha gonna do when they come for you?" when we spy a trooper pulling over an errant motorist on the Thruway or elsewhere. We watch much of the He did it/She did it fare on Court T.V. also. And we supplement that with reading true crime books. We actually talk about murders and autopsies and suspects in the same vein as most couples discuss what hot band is playing at the bar this weekend.

But what really gets my heart going in cold weather is watching the dedicated lifeguards and peace officers do their daily job on Beach Patrol. I can sit in the warm comfort of my northern living room while the sights and sounds of Mission Bay or Miami fill my teevee screen and break through the winter doldrums. The men and women there deal with rescues, medical emergencies, lost kids, wreckless boaters, drunks, and more.

Highly recommended.

sapphoq reviews

No comments: